It seems like almost every time I ask someone how their week was, I hear, “it’s been crazy”, “I’ve been so busy”, or “so much has been going on this week.” Unfortunately, in today’s world, many of us are stressed out. The 2020 Gallup Global Emotions Report found that about a third of the people worldwide were stressed last year. More than half (55%) of Americans, in particular, reported feeling stressed most of the day. This probably comes as no surprise. Most of us are either feeling it, trying to cope with it or are commiserating with someone who is significantly affected by stress.
And while we all experience stress throughout our lives in some form, chronic stress is where the serious problems lie. Left unchecked, stress can lead to a multiple of health issues, weight gain, pain, fatigue, anxiety, depression, and unhealthy habits. Ultimately, this stress can take a serious toll on our joy and satisfaction in our daily lives.
But there is hope! And you don’t need to reach for a Xanax or a glass of wine to get through your day. You can significantly decrease your overall stress in ways that are easy, manageable, natural, and oh-so-good for your mind and body. Reiki is one of them! Boost your mood with Reiki and decrease your stress.
Boost your mood with Reiki
Reiki is a powerful wellness tool that facilitates energetic flow throughout the body. We are all energetic beings. Literally, everything around us is energy! When the body and mind are balanced energetically, they function at their best. Reiki allows the body’s energy to flow freely and increases the body’s ability to heal itself. Many people report feeling happier, lighter, more relaxed, and less-stressed after receiving Reiki. Some also feel a deep sense of relaxation, increased vitality, or release of negative emotions. Reiki can leave you with an overall sense of peace that can last well after the Reiki session is over. With continued Reiki therapy, these effects can be even more profound. Ultimately, Reiki helps us lessen and even eliminate feelings of chronic stress.
During a Reiki session, energy is channeled through the hands of a trained Reiki practitioner. The practitioner will place his or her hands gently on or over the client while the client is either sitting or lying down. Sessions usually last anywhere between 30 to 90 minutes, but the average session is one hour. People love Reiki because it is gentle, non-invasive, and can be used on anyone at any age. And because it is so relaxing! Even babies and children benefit from Reiki
Anyone can easily learn how to use Reiki, becoming attuned to channel it themselves! The ability to learn Reiki is simply passed on from the teacher to the student. However, it is not taught in the way other healing techniques are taught. Reiki is transferred to the student by a Reiki Master during a special attunement process. Once you have received a Reiki attunement, you will have the ability to use Reiki for the rest of your life. You can then use it on yourself for healing, stress management, pain relief, and boosting your mood….anytime you would like!
Personally, I now do Reiki on myself every day. As a result, I have noticed a huge shift in my overall stress level. Not only that, but I don’t react as abruptly to stressful situations as I once did. My mood has significantly improved, as has my relationships with others, my children, and most importantly, myself.
HOW ELSE CAN YOU BOOST YOUR MOOD?
Besides energy healing, the science of Ayurveda provides many natural and beneficial ways to combat stress. These include:
- Eating a Nutritious Diet – When we eat better, we feel better. Eating nutrient-dense, fresh foods and avoiding processed foods, refined sugar, and alcohol can have a tremendous impact on how we feel. Try sticking to it for at least 2 weeks and see for yourself.
- Self-Oil Massage – The Ayurvedic practice of massaging oil on your skin (abhyanga) has many wonderful benefits; enhancing detoxification, softening your skin, calming the nervous system, releasing fatigue, and aiding your sleep.
- Proper Sleep – It is recommended that we get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. It might seem impossible at times, but it truly affects your state of mind throughout the day. Maybe cut out that last hour of Netflix and make a point to head to bed an hour earlier. You will thank yourself later.
- Meditation – Even just 5-20 minutes of meditation daily have been proven to decrease stress and increase mood. With daily practice, you will notice these effects lasting throughout the entire day!
- Getting Outside in Nature – Spending time outside is so beneficial to the soul. In an age when many of us are stuck indoors or on our computers most of the day, this is even more important. So kick off your shoes. Find some fresh air. Replenish your vitamin D.
- Healing Supplementation – Adaptogens, healing herbs, minerals and vitamins are additional support our bodies and minds need to function their best. Ashwagandha, in particular, has an incredible effect on your overall well being and supports our natural stress response. YouVeda’s My Healthy Mood kit provides us with these beneficial herbs and vitamins to lessen stress, calm the mind, and experience a more balanced state of mind.
There are so many incredible ways you can find balance in your life, health, and wellness. Once this happens, you will feel more peaceful and happy throughout the day, have the energy you desire, and avoid unhealthy coping mechanisms.
Treat yourself to something new, such as a Reiki treatment, might be exactly what you need. Boost your mood with Reiki and decrease your stress. So, what are you going to do for yourself today?