Essential oils are powerful — simply smelling a scent has the power to immediately spark an emotion or a vivid memory. The moment a scent hits your nose, the aromas automatically signal your mind and body and to relax, feel uplifted, and regain balance. The Scent of Relief! As the oils touch the skin, they are immediately absorbed, providing natural healing from the outside in.
It’s like magic!
Essential oils have been used throughout the world for millennia, topically and aromatically, to heal varying needs. They are one of nature’s most powerful support tools to help your body heal itself on every level.
When our lives feel overwhelming, it’s common to feel daily stress. We are hit with difficult emotions; sadness, grief, overwhelm. We may even experience depression or anxiety. But essential oils have an incredible healing power to naturally reclaim our sense of peace, wholeness, and happiness… ultimately allowing us to regain our vitality, health, and total wellness.
7 ESSENTIAL OILS THAT NATURALLY BOOST YOUR MOOD AND RELIEVE STRESS
- One of the most effective essential oils for supporting a calm mind and balancing the nervous system
- Its natural calming effect is often used to alleviate anxiety, stress, and insomnia
- Used in Ayurveda as an ideal herb for meditation and introspection,
- Enhances the functions of the brain, improving memory, increasing intellectual capacity, and stimulates proper circulation to the brain
- Sweet, uplifting and refreshing scent
- Naturally provides relaxation and induces sleep
- Can be a natural remedy to help relieve headaches
- Potent natural anti-oxidant that traps any free-radicals, naturally flushing them out of our bodies
- Boosts the body’s immunity to infections and diseases
- Anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antidepressant
- Naturally relieves the body and mind of stress and anxiety, promotes pleasure, happiness, and sleep
- Enhances brain function and increases memory
- Alleviates anxiety and stress by elevating mood and reducing cortisol levels
- Known as a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
- Lowers blood pressure
- Supports healthy circulation to the brain, which promotes the intellect, improves mental performance, memory and concentration
- Exhibits calming, healing and anti-aging properties
- Allows proper functioning of the nervous system
- Used as a promoter of subtle mindfulness and consciousness
- Holds a higher vibration than any other oil on the planet
- Alleviates grief and depression
- Has been viewed as a powerful healer, softener, and openner of the heart
- Emotionally helps to restore your authenticity, wholeness, and feelings of unconditional love
Holy Basil (Tulsi)
- Strentherns adrenals, restoring the body to it natural rhythms of sleep, activity, and rest
- Improves symptoms of adrenal exhaustion, such as fatigue, low energy, overwhelm, and the inability to cope with life’s stressors
- Relaxes the mind, brings feelings of ease
- Rejuvenating, increasing natural energy
- Increases mental focus
HOW TO USE YOUR ESSENTIAL OILS
The most common ways to benefit from essential oils is to use them aromatically or topically. The Scent of Relief! by simply smelling the oil from the bottle or roller will begin to kick your body and mind into gear, allowing you to reap the benefits immediately!
Applying the oils directly onto the skin allows the oils to be readily absorbed and enter the bloodstream. Be sure to first test the oil on a small area of your skin. Common places to apply the oils are:
- On the wrists
- On the temples
- Along each side of the nose
- Behind the ears
- At the top of your chest
- On the bottoms on your feel
- On the palms of your hands
I personally love to rub the oils on my wrists, rub them together, and bring the wrists over my nose, then deeply inhale and exhale for several long breaths. This is a wonderful practice to begin your day, to use before meditation or yoga practice, when you sit down at your desk, or honestly at any point throughout the day.
You can support your mood, stress, and anxiety naturally with YouVeda’s Essential Oil Mood blend and begin to add it into your daily routine and experience the Scent of Relief!
Essentially, each and every day you make choices that affect your health and you have the power to live a life of abundant health and happiness.
Ultimately, your health rests in your hands. Your journey to a healthy, vibrant life begins here!
Author: Carolyn Crews (YouVeda Wellness Contributor)