Ayurveda and Fertility
According to Ayurveda, there are four primary factors of fertility – bija (the seed), nutrition (ambu), the field (kshetra), and timing (rtu). Out of these four, bija is the most crucial. It refers to the reproductive tissues (sperms, ova, and secretions from supporting organs like the prostate glands, etc.)
Ayurveda defines seven dhatus or tissue structures. The reproductive tissue (Shukra) is the last and the most refined of all seven dhatus. It carries the vital essence of the body. Shukra upgrades to form Ojas or the life force.
Ayurvedic Steps to Improve Fertility
Eliminate the Cause
The first and most fundamental treatment in Ayurveda is Nidan Parivarjanam (Nidan – cause, parivarjanam – prohibition/elimination). Ayurveda says that without removing the causal factors, you can never achieve a permanent cure.
- Remove plastics, esp. from your kitchen. Plastics contain a large number of undesirable chemicals like phthalates, BHA, etc. directly linked to infertility. Besides, you will add to your good karma by reducing plastics!
- Eliminate junk food as much as possible. Let us treat our body with respect, and allow only healthful food inside it. However, ensure that you marry health with taste. Flavourful food lowers the stress!
- Avoid genetically modified produce and go for organic food. GMO is unnatural food with unnatural properties. Ayurveda says that any food that grows in abnormal climatic and soil conditions loses its natural nutrition. It is harmful to the body.
- Go for local, and seasonal produce. Local and seasonal food is in natural sync with the biorhythm of the native people. For example, saffron grows in cold regions of Kashmir and it brings warmth to the body. So, whatever mother nature grows near you is the best for you.
- Try to organize your lifestyle and ensure timely meals. A well-organized lifestyle will bring you both health and peace of mind.
- Ensure proper sleep. You can try guided sleep meditation, aromatherapy, or Ayurvedic body massage to enhance the quality of sleep. Also, try some natural and safe Ayurvedic sedatives like Brahmi, Shankhpushpi, Jatamansi, etc.
- The most important point is – do not stress! And do not try to implement all the changes at the same time. Pick up the easiest thing to do and go slow!
Improve Fertility with Ayurveda
Ayurveda says that there are two fields of diseases – mind, and body. And the mind is the most powerful factor. Therefore, you should work on two aspects of fertility improvement – mental and physical.
The Fertile Mind
You must remove stress for lasting fertility improvement, as stress is the root cause of an unhealthy lifestyle as well. As you remove stress, you eliminate the fundamental reason for stress-eating, lack of sleep, smoking, alcohol consumption, addiction to electronic gadgets, and many more.
And that’s why, if you want better-enhanced fertility, wise conduct and peaceful life are indispensable. This ancient healthcare wisdom defines the best possible health supplement – Achaar Rasayana (the health supplement of wise conduct). According to the concept of Achaar Rasayana, if you do away with stress, anger, guilt, greed, and obsessions, you will experience flawless physical and mental health.
For stress relief, you can try
- Guided Meditation
- Slow Yoga
- Music Therapy
- Ayurvedic Body Massage
Also, try to spend more time with friends and family!
The Fertile Body
Removing stress is a long-term aim. However, there are a few things you can do immediately to improve fertility.
- Include a good amount of barley, moong dal (green gram), A2 milk, A2 ghee, and honey in your daily diet.
- Enhance digestion with Ayurvedic digestion boosters like Dadimashtaka Churna, Triphala, Hinguashtaka Churna.
- YouVeda’s My Healthy Digestion‘s pure ingredients will naturally calm your digestion and heal you from the inside out. It regulates bowel movements & fights inflammation, decreases toxins and balances the gut & boosts your immune system.
- Improve overall cell resistance and immunity with Amlaki rasayan, Chavanprash, Haridrakhand, tulsi tea, Badampak, etc.
- Try natural fertility enhancers like Ashwagandha, Museli, Gokshur, Shilajit, etc.
Note: Please consult your physician before taking any ayurvedic health supplements.
For enhanced fertility, you must try to eliminate the negative environmental factors, esp. chronic stress. A healthy diet, a balanced lifestyle, and a relaxed mind form the foundation for great fertility, both in males and females. A great variety of Ayurvedic health supplements and aphrodisiacs awaits you once you’ve achieved these basics!