Relationships are an inherent part of life, for better or worse. We all have relationships with friends, significant others, family members, and co-workers among many other individuals in our lives. However, these relationships can be quite tumultuous at times. Luckily there is a way to maximize the health of these interactions using Ayurveda.
Every relationship has its give and take, but the foundations of a relationship are built upon trust and understanding. In order to build these traits in our relationships with others, we must first fully understand ourselves.
This is where the Art of Self comes into play. Each person is governed by their own unique combination of Dosha (Vata-Pitta-Kapha). Through an understanding of our own Dosha, we can tailor our interactions with others to be more effective and productive. If you don’t know your Dosha type yet, you can take the Quiz here!
Applying Ayurveda Knowledge to your Relationships
- Vata individuals do not enjoy having long-drawn-out conversations and generally like short and concise interactions.
- Being that Vatas are very open-minded, they tend to change their opinions easily if presented with a new perspective.
- When dealing with a Vata it is important to provide them with a concise list of points and be upfront about how you feel.
- Vatas favor an active lifestyle, so going out on adventures or trying different things will strengthen your connection with a Vata individual.
- Vatas have s short attention spans, try not to require too much of their attention.
- Surprise them with a night out at the art gallery or go to an amusement park.
- Take them on a weekend getaway.
- Share a yoga class or meditation at the park together.
- Pittas are full of passion and drive. They need and want to be accomplished. They are organized, direct and goal oriented; definitely great leaders.
- Pittas are also highly competitive and when the fires of pitta get too high, they are impatient, quick to anger and prone to inflammation.
- Pittas value knowledge and intelligence, so it is important to engage in topics that they find interesting or add some humor to break the tension if things seem a bit stale. It is advised to not approach a Pitta with anything negative as this will only cause an argument and ultimately sever ties with them; but with patience, compassion and giving them some space they can cool down easily.
- Build a fire, tend it lovingly, and watch your pitta glow.
- Play a board game with them, or watch their favorite team together.
- Help them release and let go of the built-up stresses with a calming massage. Use My Essential Oil Mood: On the marma points to get started.
- Kapha individuals want to feel a sense of belonging and know that they are loved unconditionally.
- In order to strengthen the human bond with Kapha, make them feel comfortable and free from any negative feelings. If you show that you care for their well-being, they will be more inclined to return your love in full force.
- Kaphas are calm and steady. They have big hearts and are often care providers or teachers. They like to give and receive, they must feel like they are giving more than receiving.
- Make them a card, or any homemade gift!
- Bake something sweet for them.
- Take them on a walk: either the beach, park or in the woods- enjoy mother nature.
Ayurveda and Love
By understanding the unique combination of the Dosha’s we all carry, we can form stronger relationships with those around us and lead happier lives!
According to Ayurveda, good health is not only physical but also mental and social; therefore, it involves strategies of maintaining the total health of an individual. A healthy person is endowed with the capability of interacting with others in a smooth way. The approach to all types of relationships has been described in detail by Ayurveda.
Ayurveda suggests the way of maintaining good health is not only to take care of physical but also mental and social dimensions. Happiness, peace, prosperity remain incomplete without healthy relationships with all types of relations- spouse, children, friends, family members, etc.
Every type of relationship has its own give and take, but the foundations of a relationship are built upon trust and understanding. Ayurveda provides us with the perfect solution for every type of problem related to health by guiding us about how to keep ourselves happy and healthy through many ways like having a good diet, wearing suitable clothes, living in a congenial atmosphere, etc.
Ayurveda considers healthy relationships to be an integral part of life which not only gives us pleasure but also helps to maintain our physical and mental health.